Pleasurable are a diverse community of people from numerous fields and media who are passionate about advocating and educating about disability, sex, and sexuality.
Disabled sexuality has long been taboo. It’s resulted in horrific, inhumane acts of violence, from forced sterilization to genocide, from withholding sexual education and access to sexual health, to sexual abuse and incest. Pleasurable acknowledges these atrocities and agrees with numerous human rights organizations that we are living in the time for radical change. Now is the time for disabled sexuality to be recognized and accepted.
We are working on curating and creating a range of opportunities:
- Pleasurable’s Sex and Disability Archive.
- Members-only resources: a member directory for press inquiries and speaking opportunities, etc.; classified ads; a forum for private discussions; ongoing collaborative skill shares on how to improve accessibility and inclusiveness, and a massive event calendar.
- Networking: monthly events as well as promoting the work of our members.
- Advocating for accessibility at events and in organizations.
- Education: disability-informed sex education classes for educators and disabled folks.
We are committed to financial transparency; our 2022 budget can be accessed at wearepleasurable.org/budget.
Pleasurable is funded in part by a grant from the Effing Foundation for Sex Positivity, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is to reduce sexual shame and normalize conversations about sexuality by fostering sex-positive art and education.
Please note that by making your donation through our fiscal sponsor, the Effing Foundation for Sex Positivity, it becomes tax-deductible.
If you are able, please consider making a donation today.